We Are Hiring: Guest Service, Front of House, and Innkeeper
The Sweetwater Group is a privately held boutique hospitality management & development company based in the Niagara Region of Canada. We aim to provide exceptional quality experiences for our guests built on the values of authenticity, excellence, beauty, responsibility, and positive community engagement.
The Sweetwater Group holds 3 historic properties in the immediate reach of world-renowned wineries, excellent restaurants and live theatre, the majestic Niagara Falls, and all the natural beauty of Canada’s unique fruit belt.
We are currently looking for exceptional Guest Service staff to join us as we build out a unique and exciting contemporary hospitality offering in Niagara-on-the-Lake (NOTL) and Ontario.
About the Role
You will work collaboratively with staff to create a remarkable environment for guests that is respectful, personal, safe and at ease, inspired, detailed-oriented, and exceeds expectations.
You will be responsible for greeting our guests, managing reservations, coordinating subcontractors and deliveries, and working closely with the team to help communicate and deliver an exceptional guest experience rooted in our values.
Multiple shifts are available and must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Housing is provided to qualified candidates at the Woodbourne Inn, in St. Davids, ON.
Salaried and hourly positions starting at $18/hour.
- From the earliest interface with Sweetwater Group to final check-out, maintain extraordinary guest satisfaction
- Respond to and interface with prospective guests through designated booking platforms, social media chat channels, and email to book new reservations
- Monitor and evaluate all guest interactions and offerings to ensure stellar services
- Initiate improvements and build loyalty over time carefully tending to all issues and experiences
- Work with the staff team on special events within the context of NOTL bylaws
- Light daily property maintenance, as needed (sweeping off patios, placement of flowers, ensuring premises are tidy and well kept, etc.)
- Special event liaison
- Ensuring proper set-up of rooms in collaboration with cleaning staff
- Fielding and addressing any guest questions or concerns
- Bringing any significant questions or concerns to the team
- Respond to urgent requests or issues that may arise outside of regular working hours
- Update all booking engines with up-to-date information, prices, and photos
- Track, respond to, and finalize all booking inquiries
- Ensure compliance of bookings with Sweetwater Group policies and field any potential exceptions with the team
- Together with the team, propose terms for, book, and manage special events
- Stay up-to-date on any technological upgrades and training on all appropriate technology
- Be an initial point of contact on phones
- Assist General Manager in coordination of trades, maintenance, etc. if and as needed
- Inventory oversight in coordination with housekeeping
- Review, correct, and approve timesheets for payroll and assist with schedule planning
- Assist with inventory monitoring, management, and purchasing as necessary
- Promoting the brand and upholding the values of Sweetwater Group (see Appendix 1)
- Assist with managing and distributing gratuity payments
- Contributing to a collaborative, supportive, dynamic organizational culture
- Track and assess property management needs for all three properties, working with contracted vendors and/or identifying new vendor needs as appropriate
- Resolve immediate property needs in a timely and efficient manner an ensuring that employees and subcontractors are following all safety practices and guidelines
- Support cleaning staff if and as needed
- Ability to support chef on food service if, and as needed, is a bonus
- Be an excellent communicator with at least 2 years experience in hotel, food service, and/or property management
- Share the vision, and have a passion for promoting the culture and brand, of the Sweetwater Group
- Be able to multi-task with flexibility in hours — assisting with everything from booking to front-of-house to property management — in a demanding environment with high expectations for quality of service
- Be a demonstrated team player that can work collaboratively with other staff who share a passion for the business and what it stands for
- Understand niche markets and stay abreast of trends in the boutique hotel industry
- Have technical proficiency on digital platforms including G Suite, Slack, Facebook, and other cloud-based software
- Foremost attention to detail
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com by March 27 2022 and please list “GUEST SERVICE: SWEETWATER” in your subject line. We will contact only those candidates we wish to pursue for an interview.
You can also submit a resume here